The exclusive BrakeTech AXIS™ series Ductile Iron full-floaters provides a higher coefficient of friction over stainless, with more feel and feedback at the brake lever. The patented AXIS Design floating system is many times stronger than conventional semi-floating brake rotors. The heart of this leading edge system has the floater buttons controlling radial and axial float only, they are non load-bearing. All of the considerable braking forces are channeled through the trademarked Direct-Link™ architecture, comprising over an 800% increase in surface area load transfer as compared to conventional floating brake rotors…simply far superior by design!
Iron provides a higher coefficient of friction over stainless, with more feel and feedback at the brake lever. But get them wet – they’re going to rust. If you’re a fair weather rider, then it’s a non-event and not an issue. However, if you ride distances where inclement weather is a definite possibility, you’re better off with our AXIS/Cobra stainless steel series in the optimized petal design.
- Patented AXIS Design – featuring Direct-Link™ load transfer system
- U.S. Patent No. 6,957,726
- 50% greater Tensile Strength and Fatigue Strength: Ductile Iron vs Gray Iron
- CNC machined from billet (continuous cast bar) – not porosity prone gravity cast molds
- CRYOGENIC treatment for improved wear resistance
- Greater thermal transfer capability than stainless steel
- Reduced wear from shear forces – longer rotor life
- Carriers CNC machined from premium grade billet aluminum bar – not stamped plate
- Hard-anodized to military grade specifications
- Made in the U.S.A.